Caring for a New Tattoo
Your tattoo artist will probably give you a pamphlet that explains all the necessary procedures along with instructions such as:
- You should remove the bandage one to two hours after completion.
- Wash gently with cool or lukewarm water, using a mild antibacterial soap.
- Always pat dry. (Don't rub!)
- Apply very thin coats of antibacterial ointment and work into the skin. You will find that too much ointment can pull color out of the tattoo.
- Do not soak the tattoo in water or letting the shower pound directly on it.
- Avoiding the sun, sea and swimming pool until healed is advised.
- Do not pick at your scabs. They will fall off as the tattoo heals, approximately in one to three weeks.
- Ice packs should be used if swelling or redness occurs.
- Always call a doctor if you have even the slightest signs of infection.Source URL: http://kain3s.blogspot.com/2007/10/caring-for-new-tattoo.html
Visit kain3s for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection